Our pedagogy emerges from a 40-year history of creating public artworks that empower diverse communities and advance social movements. SPARC educators develop innovative curriculum that align with California State Standards and Visual and Performing Arts (VAPA) Standards for each grade level. Our curriculum engages students in reimagining our world through art.
We believe in arts education that is empowering, inclusive, and meaningful for each student. Each SPARC teaching artist is trained in our philosophy and pedagogy, and their curriculum reflects our programs goals.
In SPARC arts workshops, students will…
- ENGAGE in meaningful conversation about culture, community, identity and social justice
- CONSIDER their role as a citizen of the world
- IMAGINE how they can inspire positive change
- LEARN the fundamentals of a creative discipline
- CREATE powerful artworks and performances that reflect their hopes and dreams